Apple has suddenly released iOS 15 and iPadOS 15 Beta 2 for developers and users to participate in the test. Beta 2 is a big update that brings a lot of new features, mainly focused on privacy and security.
iOS 15 Beta 2 is compatible with iPhone 6s and later, while iPadOS 15 beta 2 is not available for the 9.7-inch iPad Pro. The reason is unknown, but perhaps Apple discovered some serious bugs and did not release an update for the 9.7-inch iPad Pro.
Because this is only a beta version, there will definitely be errors during use, so please back up all data on your iPhone with iTunes or iCloud to minimize possible risks. out.
New features on iOS 15 beta 2 and iPadOS 15 beta 2
– Maps application (Maps) has a new icon: At the WWDC 2021 event, Apple introduced a new icon for the maps application (Maps), but it was not included in the iOS 15 beta 1 version. However, in this update, the maps application. has changed icons and has added directions effect.
– Additional emoticons: Previously, Apple has also mentioned that it will update some new emojis, including the ability to customize costumes. And now these icons are available on iOS 15 beta 2.
– Quick Notes on iPad: This feature was available in iPadOS 15 beta 1 version, however, with beta 2, users can quickly activate Quick Note by swiping up from the bottom right corner.
– Improved iCloud Private Relay: This feature will help you surf the web more safely, however, since this is only a beta, it has caused some problems. In the Change logs section, Apple said that iOS 15 beta 2 has fixed errors related to iCloud Private Relay.
– SharePlay: This is a new feature that allows users to share songs, videos, or even the screen of their device during a FaceTime call. This feature is now available on iOS 15 beta 2.
– Lossless music on HomePod has been removed: Apple has removed the option to play Lossless music on the HomePod.
– Safari: Show refresh button in browser address bar when using mouse or trackpad.
To update to iOS 15 and iPadOS 15 Beta 2, you need to install the developer profile, then go to the app Settings > General > Software Update to download and install the latest Beta version.